Friday, October 20, 2006
Marathon Weekend Update

October 7th was the 30th annual SG Marathon and our family made a splendid showing with Heather and Riley coming in at 3:41:38 and 4:09:16, respectively and respectfully. Good job, guys!
The night before Heat told me to expect her around 4:20 and so when after only being at Aaron and Sara's finish line breakfast for 5 minutes, I was a little surprised to get a call from the Heatons saying she was looking good keeping pace with the 3:40 balloons. Asa was elated to see his mom come across the finish line and was probably wondering why she wasn't pushing him. Heather claims her key to feeling so good for this marathon was her consistent training with Asa in his jogging stroller. (This is harder than you might think. The week before, Heat, Ned (bro-in-law), Asa, and I ran up Cedar Canyon. I pushed Asa the first mile, after which Heat took over for the next three, just so I could keep up.)
The next day we tagged along with mom and dad down to LV for Samuel's blessing. It was a really special blessing and the testimony meeting thereafter was made extra special thanks to the Salter family's participation. Thanks Jenny and Dave for the wonderful feast and goodie bags.